The 2008 book by Dan Buettner entitled, Blue Zones: Lessons from Living Longer from People Who’ve Lived the Longest details the most common demoninator’s of cultures where people are living longer and healthier – areas now being referred to as Blue Zones. Follow suit and you’ll be living longer and enjoying life more along the way!
Here’s the list of Blue Zone characteristics:
- Be Active
- Cut Calories by 20%
- Cut down on meat and processed foods
- Drink red wine in moderation
- Have a life mission AND BE WORKING ON IT
- Take time to relieve stress
- Participate in a community of like-minded people
- Make family a priority
- Surround yourself by others that are doing the first eight items on this list
Here’s to you!
Trackback from your site.